The Kelantan’s PAS government will soon have blood on their hands, more than the dried blood they already have for still having hundreds of flood victims still staying in tents and makeshift huts after the great flood two years back.
The government of mullahs, who spew nothing but wrath of God on their people, has unleashed the police and Forestry Department officers on the Orang Asli who are merely defending their land from loggers. With this action, the government has lost every bit of humanity that they profess to have.
Nine Orang Asli have been arrested at press time.
This morning, The Star reported that the police and Forestry Department officers have moved into the blockade area set up by the orang asli protesting against logging activities in Gua Musang.
The blockade was erected and managed by about 200 Orang Asli from the Temiar group last month.
It is learnt that the blockade may be torn down today by the authorities which have given the orang asli till today to dismantle the blockade.
According to lawyer and activist Siti Kasim, the officers arrived at the site at about 10.30am Tuesday.
She said no one was allowed into the blockade area. Lawyers, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and the media have also been barred from entering the site.
Orang Asli activist, Yusri Jahut, said the orang asli, who had camped at the blockades, would not take a violent stance against the authorities.
The Forestry Department came in 27 vehicles and the police had six at the location.
There are currently three blockades – at Simpang Petir, Pos Pasik and Pos Bihai.
The Kelantan government under PAS is adamant that the orang asli community dismantle their blockade or face the consequences.
Kelantan Mentri Besar Datuk Ahmad Yakob said the blockade was illegal and the community was hampering development.
More than 200 orang asli had built barricades between Pos Tohoi and Pos Gob in late September to prevent logs from leaving two areas in the Balah permanent forest reserve, covering 239ha and 404ha respectively, that had been approved for logging.
The state Forestry Department issued a stop-work order in October to reduce tensions between the loggers and orang asli.
The notice dated Nov 6 gave the activists two weeks to take down the blockade. It was extended to today.
The notice warned that action could be taken against them under Section 32 of the National Forestry Act 1984 (Amendment 1993), which stipulates a jail term of up to five years, a fine of up to RM5,000 or both upon conviction, reported The Star.
With the arrests of Orang Asli, the Kelantan government better pray harder than ever that the wrath of God does not come crashing on them like a pile of logs for “robbing logs” on land that belong to the Orang Asli.
Source : The Heat Malaysia Online