The son of abducted Pastor Raymond Koh has clarified that the family is unfamiliar with the alleged video recording of the latter’s abduction being spread online.
The pastor’s son Jonathan Koh said the family has no knowledge of who is behind the video clip.
“No, we are not familiar with the CCTV video footage that is making its rounds in social media or internet. It could be a combination of CCTV footage variously procured. We do not know who produced this.
“For any query about video footage of my father’s abduction, please ask the police. This is an active investigation. I’m sure you understand we cannot comment on this,” he said in the brief two-paragraph statement made available to Malay Mail Online.
Koh has been missing since his February 13 abduction by masked men who had reportedly stopped his car on a public road in Petaling Jaya. His abduction is being probed by a special task force set up by the Selangor police.
In the video clip of 2.52 minutes circulated online, it described CCTV footage as showing the swift abduction where three black SUVs stopped Koh’s car for only 40 seconds before all vehicles were driven away.
The video also highlighted the use of two other cars and two motorcycles in the abduction, claiming that a struggle ensued and that broken glass and the car number plate of Koh’s car were later found at the scene.
“The entire attack took place in well under a minute. Seven vehicles and at least 15 men were involved in what appears to be a well-planned and professionally-executed plan,” the video said.
Koh’s wife had previously said her husband, who founded a group called Harapan Komuniti that was started over 10 years ago and works with marginalised communities, had no known enemies.
The family is offering a reward of RM100,000 to anyone with information of his whereabouts.
Malaysians are holding candlelight vigils for Koh tonight outside the Selangor police headquarters in Shah Alam, in Johor Bahru and Georgetown, Penang.
Source : @ Malay Mail Online